Street Address: 4315 Northlands Blvd.
Distance To Village: 0.0 Kms
Affinity Sports is Whistler's largest independent rental provider. Select from a huge range of the latest skis and boards. With 7 great locations to choose from and a shuttle service ready to pick you up, renting could not be easier. Affinity Sports offers personal service and fully tuned equipment from the best brands in the business. Change from skiing to boarding or try different equipment at no extra charge.
Whether you live for wide-open pistes for carving, 15-meter tables, the perfect pipe or a big huge board for POW – we have the high performance snowboard for you. There are four general High Performance Snowboard types to choose from.
- FREERIDE High Performance Snowboards: longer in length and semi-directional. Moderate to stiff in flex. Perfect for bigger turns on groomers or soft snow conditions.
- FREESTYLE High Performance Snowboards: shorter in length and semi-directional or twin-tip shape. Moderate to soft flex. Deeper side cut for quicker and tighter turning. Perfect for pipe or park. Great for jumps, rails, boxes and tables.
- PARK/JIB High Performance Snowboards: flexible and short. Twin shape with twin flex for switch riding. Wider stance.
- ALL-MOUNTAIN High Performance Snowboards: a hybrid between Free ride and Freestyle boards. Do everything board, directional in shape, moderate in flex for various types of terrain.
Choose from Nitro, Ride, Never Summer, Option, and Prior High Performance Snowboards. You can switch boards at no charge and we store overnight for free!
We offer the top models from Volkl, Rossignol, Head, K2 and Fischer. Most skiers that have moved past level 1 skiing and are now on blue and black runs predominantly should be using High Performance Skis. If you are linking turns, able to control your speed and enjoy a variety of terrain then you will definitely enjoy High Performance Skis. It used to be that High Performance meant stiff racing type skis. This is certainly no longer the case. High Performance Skis come in a variety of widths and stiffness for many conditions you will find on the mountain. Choose from carving skis, all-mountain skis, twin-tip free ride skis, powder skis and the traditional race skis; we have them all. Most of our guests choose all-mountain High Performance Skis when conditions are soft and carving High Performance Skis when conditions are firmer. Keep the skis all week or switch them to match changing mountain conditions. Start with carving skis in the morning and move to all mountain skis in the afternoon. The choice is yours and at no extra charge. We offer free storage, unlimited ski exchange, tuned and waxed equipment and of course the awesome Affinity – INTERSPORT Rent service we are famous for!
About Affinity Sports
Affinity Sports was founded in Whistler with the goal to deliver a higher level of service coupled with superior rental products than were traditionally available to renting customers. Our history in the snow sports industry is a long one and we felt that we could use our expertise to enhance the overall rental experience for clients.
We developed our product having recognized the hassle of transporting your gear while traveling and conversely the frequent disappointment of rental equipment available in many resorts. We determined that if we made available great rental equipment, a broad range of products and elevated the level of service, skiers and snowboarders alike would have no reason to visit Whistler with their own gear. Consequently, we tune and wax all of our equipment, all the time, allow and encourage our customers to try different models to suit the conditions, FREE, and are committed to doing our best to serve your every rental need.
The Affinity difference will be immediately evident when visiting any of our 7 Whistler rental locations. One of our staff members will greet you immediately upon entering the store and will assist you with every aspect of the rental process, answering any questions that you may have along the way and explaining the differences between our many products. Whether it be skiing waist deep powder or cruising groomed runs with the family, our goal is to get you outfitted with the equipment that will work best for you.
Additional services we offer all our guests include:
- Extended hours of operation. All of our locations are open from 8 am until 10 pm daily. Our shops are much quieter in the evenings making this an ideal time to get set up with your gear. This ensures that you’ll be ahead of the pack the next morning and will have first shot at the fresh snow.
- Free overnight ski and snowboard storage saves you the hassle of lugging your equipment all the way back to your local accommodation.
- Walking in ski boots is no easy task. For this reason, we have a free daytime basket check where you can leave your shoes. This way, you can walk into one of our locations, put on your boots and leave your shoes with us while you’re up the mountains.
- Free shuttle service operates all day and is ideal if your accommodations are not within walking distance of one of our locations. Give us a call and we will come and pick you up, bring you to the nearest location and return you to your lodging with your rental gear.
- Complimentary equipment exchange. There are many different models available to suit different snow conditions and skiing styles, why not test them out to find out what best suits you.
- Extensive boot selection to fit all types of feet. Your foot comfort is of utmost importance when skiing and snowboarding and we will do our very best to fit you properly.
- Book online to save time and money! By booking in advance, you will ensure that your gear is waiting for you upon arrival and you will save up to 30%. You also receive an additional 10% off the lowest marked retail price for clothing and accessories.